Sunday, December 4, 2011

December 4 What is your Super Power

Think about it for a moment: what have you learned that you can do better than anyone you know this year? What can you do that no one else can? 


I remember watching the TV show No Ordinary Hero, as I recall they received some unexpected super powers. They actually did not want them. I am not really a fan of having the power that I have. It is more of a burden than a benefit to me. It benefits the receiver of it but not necessarily in the way they would like.


Reading minds is my super power. I typically can tell when someone is lying. I can catch most people in the lie they may be telling, or just know when they are not being honest about what they are doing, saying, or thinking.


This super power is kind of a secret because if I reveal the times that I use it and who I use it on, it could lead to more evasion by the subjects, because they are close at hand.


My exclusive super power is being the only one who can take the time, to slowly, using words and ideas he understands to explain the meaning of everything that needs to be taught to Edik. To go over and over something maybe 100 or more times to help him grasp the idea or concept that he needs to take to heart. To take the time to make him stop, do "it" right, to start at the beginning and work through the event or the idea and make each and every correct decision to get the correct outcome. While doing this to decipher through what he understands and what he has no clue about even though he is agreeing to something or saying he does understand. I have the ability to know when he is confused or just being down right 14 year old boy stubborn. Which I would hope he would not exercise considering his inability to logically reason. And without that ability, imagine trying to teach someone something. It all boils down to my super power of consistency.


I am like the No Ordinary Family super hero's, I have superpowers, I am surprised by them and I am reluctant to use them, but when I do it is for good.



No comments: