Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5 Theme song for the Year


Theme Song

If your life was a television show, what would its theme song be? What music would be cued at the start of the show or when you entered a scene?


I get up, I work out, I get dressed; carefully planning my make-up and ensemble for what ever I am doing for the day. Then when I walk out of the bedroom, I throw open the door and mouth the words "It's showtime". I think I do it for myself, to ready myself to take on the day. I really have no illusions on being some beauty or some all pulled together sophisticated women. But just making that statement seems to set an attitude that I can take what ever comes at me because I have done my best to look acceptable.


But in reality I think that the best theme song would be the Circus theme music, dat dat da da, dat dat da da da da... you know the musical number played on the Calliope when all the clowns are coming in and being silly. This music is more appropriate for the craziness that often accompanies my days. The bizarre conversations or exchanges between Edik and I, or the disjointed encounters with clients over paperwork, or showings, or maybe all the little interruptions of my day.So silly clown music probably better describes everday for me than would any sophisticated thoughts of having it all together.


But I could also claim the old crooner song, I Did It My Way. Not that I am being rebellious about anything. But parenting Edik is not text book, I don't think there is a manual for raising him. It requires a special approach that is direct, deliberate and consistent..So sometimes I just have to do things my way, because it works.

No comments: