Saturday, December 17, 2011

December 17 Appreciate


December 17, 2011 Prompt:

Appreciate

What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year?

Brian. 
What an amazing man. He completed his masters degree. Promptly went out and  and got a new job. A job he enjoys and that has room for advancement. And one that provides better for his family.

The thing that I appreciate about him is that he continues to provide for our family, even as it grows. He never grumbles or complains about the money we spend and the generosity that we share. 

I think about how he has stayed so steady at his jobs and how he goes in early and stays late. He works so hard to be indispensable and to do things right and above board. He has to do hard things like fire people, he doesn't like doing this but he does it anyhow.

He has always allowed me my folly. If I want us to go on a vacation he finds a way. If I want to adopt from Russia, he finds a way. If I want to do some creative new decorative thing, he is right along side providing and helping me along. When I said I want to become a Realtor he said me too! He has supported me in everything I have ever wanted to do.

I never hear this man complain about a thing. He just asks when and where and what can I do? 

His support with Edik has been amazing. Just helping me keep my sanity and stay grounded has meant the world to me. He has been willing to spend any amount of money to help him. He has fallen in love with Edik and is an amazing dad to him.

He is an adorer of his two grandsons, his heart is so beautiful  towards them, the delight he has in them is so heart warming. He thinks so highly of his sons. He cherishes every minute he has with them and wants to know them and be with them. 

Family is everything to him and he make it his priority. If we get a call from one of the kids and they want to do something or go somewhere he is ready willing an able, no matter how tired or short of notice it is. Which is so out of his character, but he will sacrifice for them.

Loving me can be difficult because I am neurotic, insecure and flighty and maybe possibly a little high maintenance. But he loves me perfectly. He finds me to be attractive and exactly what he likes. How did I luck out to be loved by such a magnificent man. I appreciate his sacrifices for me and our family. If there were ever a definitions of the perfect husband it would simply say; Brian Keyser.

1 comment:

Thoughts for the day said...

wonderful post... I am glad you have your 'best friend' to live and walk alongside you.