Saturday, December 17, 2011

December 16 Ordinary Extraordinary




December 16, 2011 Prompt:

Ordinary Extraordinary




What was one of your most extraordinary ordinary moments this year? Have you ever heard the expression "God is in the details?"
 

A year ago, we started seeing a herbalist. She is not an old, small shriveled up Chinese man but she is an experienced herbalist. Initially we were going to see her to have Edik treated. We figured with his poor nutrition and his bad living environment, it couldn't hurt, and maybe it would help his brain to heal. We had seen a friends daughter totally transformed by herbal medicine.


As she met with us and asked about our symptoms, it was mainly just foggy head and fatigue for me. Then she would ask do you get up to go to the bathroom? What time is that? If it was 2 am that would be your kidneys having issues and if it were 3 to 4 am it would be your liver. Brian has liver issues and I have had kidney issues all my life.


Herbalist, use to be in the same quack-a-gory as chiropractors. I thought it was just a way to separate a fool and their money. I was also hesitant to be included and involved in the Eastern belief system, because of my Christian belief system. I am not a fan of the ying and the yang. I want to honor my God and stay faithful to His teachings.


I decided, be it right or wrong, that if God created the heavens and the earth and everything in it and we are to subdue it. Then those whom He has gifted to understand the small plants and herbs of His creation must have been given that knowledge for the good of Gods creation. I listened to the explanations of Hayley our herbalist. It made sense to me about needing heat down in your belly so that the energy is there to digest and burn up waste. It made sense that our heads should be cooler than our hands and our feet, because then all the energy our body is producing is not just racing out our head and not going down to do the digesting and waste removal.


We take about a tablespoon of a special mixture of tiny herbs that trigger our organs to start working better. The greatest thing I have experienced is that my head feel hot fewer and fewer times. This has lifted a fog that had been over my brain, and the nervous feeling that had me feel I was always on the verge of passing out. It has given me more energy as well. I no longer spend all my time being emotionally afraid. 


Chinese medicine believes that the Kidneys hold the emotion of fear. I spent all my emotional time being afraid of this and that and everything in between, it is an exhausting way to live. I feel so much more aware of what is happening around me. My mind seems keen and clear. The clarity I have had when discussing a contract with a client has been so wonderful. I use to struggle to remember and put in order all the things that were important when discussing things with clients. Now it is all there bright and clear.


God is in the details. He has created plants that He intended for His children to eat, so they could be healthy. Our Western diet has corrupted Gods system. Now we spend our time trying to get it to work correctly again. 


The extraordinary ability to feel calm, clear headed, well organized mentally is an ordinary experience that I now have on a regular basis. Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Thoughts for the day said...

very interesting reading. I used to go to a naturopath and he helped alot never been to a 'herbalist'.