Thursday, December 15, 2011

December 14 Home


December 14, 2011 Prompt:

Home is ...

When did you feel most at home this year: 


It always feels so good to go to Anchorage Alaska, it is home and will always be my heart is. I am so familiar with it. I can find my way around blind folded. I can still give directions using street names and businesses. 


The summer weather feels familiar, always in the 50's 60's so I can  wear a sweater or jacket. I can always count on the rain and the dark clouds over the mountains or the inlet.The views are so familiar, they feel so comfortable. I can pick out a memory from every mountain I can see. Every road I ride on and most businesses evoke some sort of recollection, I have a story for everything.


Friends and my family make me feels so at home. I could call any friend and just go hang out and enjoy their company and we would relate as though no time had passed between us. I can go to most well populated business or events and see at least 2 or 3 people I know, and I have not lived there in 16 years. Lori and Bruce are the most familiar and dearest friends. Getting together with my brothers and their families is like never having left them, loving them and learning about them is a continual endeavor, and most enjoyable.


Its a place that never changes for me, my memories and the good feelings remain in my mind and heart. 


My home in Oregon is only my home because of the peace that it brings because of the shelter from outside stress. I love my family being around me and joining with me, in the comfort of my personalized surroundings. I love everything I have done to my house to make it a home. I love the feelings of the colors and furniture and the pictures on the wall. Everything I have created and done to make it a place for my grandsons makes it feel even more like home. 


So I have two homes the one I left and long to be back at. And the one that I live in with the ones that I love.

No comments: