Monday, December 12, 2011


December 10, 2011 Prompt:

High/Low

Today is a bit of a choose your own adventure: write (paint, draw, photograph, record, etc.) about your best experience this year.


Best experience that's easy; it's having a second grandchild come into my world. Having that adorable little man in our family is an incredibly wonderful event. The day I held Eli for the first time, when he was so tiny, the tiniest baby I had ever held, and to see him looking back at me with Peters little face was one of those once in a lifetime, full circle events. I saw that little face and thought how did my little baby, grow up and give me one of these! 


So the best events that took place this year were the times my grand children came to visit me and the times I got to visit them at their home. Any day with those two little jewels  in my life is heart warming.The day at the Oregon Zoo, sitting on the green lawn watching Mal play and enjoy his freedom, then the surprise arms wide open hug that he gave me was somehow the punctuation of knowing he loved me, now every hug I get from him seems to fill me up with that sense of being so innocently loved and it makes all the difficulties of everyday life feel meaningless.

No comments: