Monday, November 9, 2009

Disney Hollywood Studios - Take 3

Brian charged off after only 4.5 hours of sleep to his conference. It was well worth his time and he enjoyed every minute that he was there.

Edik on the other hand had his usual 12 hours of sleep. I was awakened by screaming, pleading kids playing in a pool next door. I moved to one of the other bedrooms to finish out my precious sleep. I think the lack of sleep
caught up with us we were kind of dragging today or maybe we really are just grama and grampa material now.



the park is decorated for the holidays already but they did not turn the lights on. We saw the strings of lights and thought that it would be so beautiful but no go.
Edik loved the roar of the engines and the squeel of the tires on the car demonstration. Herbie the Love Bug even showed up and did a splitting preformance. We rode the new attraction, Toy Story Midway ride, that was an interactive spinning ride, we got to shoot at targets in competition with each other. I think I won with 101,000 points Brian with 98,000 and Edik was 89,000. I am not going to lie it felt good to beat the men! No I am not competitive. It pained Edik to be beaten by his mom, a girl.

The Rockin Roller Coaster with Aerosmith was the first thing we did and the last, what a rush. It was fun, but my throat always gets dry and I
feel really afraid the first time because it starts out in a crazy cork screw move at about 1000 miles and hour. It was a rush and Edik was paniced but then decided he loved it. In all we did it 3 times today!


Disney did the Chronicals of Narnia so there was a back history on that and Edik and Brian got to go in and see Prince Caspian.


We did the back lot tour Edik was really terrified when the bridge was giving way under us and the torrents of water were coming at us and over us. He recovers quickly but still having a hard time determining what is real and what is pretend. You should have seen him squirming in his chair during the 3D presentation of Honey I Shrunk the Audience. It was a good oportunity for me to comfort him.



One of Ediks favorite movies is Cars, we lucked out and were able to get a photo shoot with them. I think Mater is so cool. Which reminds me I am trying to teach Edik to say, "Gator Pond" in a Getter-done-voice, he can't quite muster the gutteral grrr sound and its pretty cute. I have him convinced to teach Bruce and Lori how to say it. Every time we spot a body of water I belt out "Gatttor Pond".

As you remember the tree was just decorated in our first photo and here it is all lit up in its holiday splendor.
It was a fantastic day, we were worn out but knew what would revive us. Cracker Barrel. We had a piece of chocolate Coke cake that was amazing.
Lori and Bruce showed up around 10 p.m. with numerous texts about food, they showed up at the house around midnight and so of course we had to talk until 3 a.m. Brian wonders why he did not go to bed earlier when he had to wake up at 7 a.m. and go to his highly informative classes, the reason we came to Florida.







No comments: