Friday, December 23, 2011

December 22 Identify the Problem


December 22, 2011 Prompt:

Identify the Problem


Identify the problem. That is, when you’re annoyed, angered, or frustrated, ask yourself, “What exactly is the problem here?”
Today, take a few minutes to ponder that one little, nagging issue that, if solved or eliminated, would make your life better. 


I solved my issue this year. I have always operated with rather high expectation, not just for myself, but for others. I know I am suppose to be ashamed of that statement, but to be honest I am not. I think having expectations, keeps life interesting, changing and it keeps me striving for success. Having expectations towards others, was usually just what they we capable of or promised to do already. 


Having someone in my life who could not meet even basic expectations, grew to be a huge stress and it created conflict. But June 2, 2011 I gave up. There is a country song that the young lady singing about her cheating, lying boyfriend who wanted her back, she sings right out loud, "my give a damn is busted". So I had that reaction on June 2nd. I just decided I could not continue to have any expectations. I had a friend who kept telling me lower your expectations. So my give a damn busted.


So with giving up, it freed me to be myself again. I no longer had any expectations. If I thought something needed to be done, I gave an instruction and waited for execution. I no longer felt frustrated when a basic behavior was expected and in no way executed. 


There was finally relief for me and peace again in my heart and life. Lowering my exceptions has made all the difference in the world. 

No comments: