Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December 19th Then and Now


December 19, 2011 Prompt:

Then and Now

What was your life like a decade ago?


About a decade ago in September our country experienced the tragedy of September 11th. That has truly changed our country forever. The day was devastating and excrusiating. The fear of a childhood threatened by the Vietnam war and its possible encroaching to Alaska, always felt real and terrifying. With the vents of 9/11 and the invading of Iraq the threat of a war in my country felt so real. The sorrow I felt for all the families of the people who were killed in the bombings and such sorrow for those hurt stayed with me for half the year.


I was 39 years old, Brian was 41 years old, Peter was 15, Andy was 12 and Edik was 4 years old. 


I am really struggling to remember. I did not sell real estate. We were singles group leaders. We went to all of Peters athletic events. I stayed home with Andy and home schooled him, while running Peter to orchestra at Newberg high from Chehalem Valley Academy. 


I hung out with Kelly Hagglund and helped her clean her rooms out. I was also friends with Debbie Holton, Paula Sprunger, Sheri Smithwick and of course Carrie McNeal.


It really was an unremarkable year. Then next year was far more interesting. 

1 comment:

Thoughts for the day said...

I know a lot of those ladies too. :o)