Monday, January 2, 2012

December 31 On Word (2012's Word)

December 31 Earlier this month, we wrote about our one word to describe 2011. Today, let's write about our one word for 2012. What word do you want to use to describe how you will approach 2012?


Excellence- the fact or state of excelling

My personality does not naturally lend itself to being a perfectionist. It really just likes order and symmetry. To set the word of excellence as the word to dwell on this 2012 is to stretch me to be better and to pay closer attention to the details of things.

I admire a home that I walk into  that is completely put in order. That all the window tracks and wood casings are clean, that everything has a place and is in it's place. I am attempting better order in my home. I spent all last year attempting to thin things out and to have a labeled place for everything. So many things I have are unnecessary. I so like a stark environment, it makes me feel restful and at peace. But I am doomed to have too many things because I always think what if we need it for this or that. Furniture seems to be in abundance but, I may need places for people to sit when we have company. So I am striving for excellence in order.

In my business it is so easy to just stuff papers into a file, and try and remember all the tiny details of the things that need to happen in a transaction. It is so important to not overlook any of the minor details. I have made check lists trying to make sure I do not forget anything. So I need to strive for excellence in the details, and not put it off the details.

I think of the mundane things like washing the dishes, cleaning the counters, getting ready in the morning and getting ready at night. I slop through all of those wonderful events of my day. I do it just to get by, just to get through it. But for this year, (and after 21 days it will be a routine), I will pursue excellence in everything I do.

No comments: